Tips for Student Storage
- Book ahead of time. Units tend to start filling up in the spring and often can be booked out by summer. Think ahead and plan to reserve the unit for when you’ll need it.
- Keep your belongings in good condition while storing. Wash and clean items ahead of time and don’t over stuff boxes to keep items well ventilated.
- Leave room around boxes in the unit so you can access easily.
- Label everything. Carefully label everything to remember what and where your items are.
- Remember that electronics will require a climate-controlled atmosphere to keep them from denigration.
Antique Storage - Guide and Outline
- Antique Map Storage
- Antique Rug Storage
- Care and Storage of Vintage Cars
- Guide to Collecting Antiques
- Properly Storing Antique and Specialty Musical Instruments
- Storage of Old and Other Sensitive Documents
- Storing Antique and Vintage Textiles
- Storing Antique Books
- Storing Wall and Other Antique Art
- Wedding Dress Storage and Vintage Clothing Storage
Business and Corporate
- Appliances Storage
- Holiday Decorations
- Linen Storage
- Media Storage: Books, Magazines, DVD’s, etc.
- Packing Dishes
Insurance and Legal
Preparation and Troubleshooting in Self-Storage
- Pest Related Things to Consider
- Protect Yourself from Pests
- Purchasing and Finding Cheap or Free Boxes
- Types of Pests
- Choosing a Good Storage Facility
- Climate Control
- Picking the Best Lock
- Self-Storage Security Considerations
- Using Self Storage – The “Why”