Storing Business and Other Important Documents
Keeping hard copy documents safe, well-kept, and private are of paramount importance in most areas of business these days. Storing business documents with self-storage is one of the best guarantees you can have for success in this area. Here are some tips:
- Climate control is a necessity for maintaining important documents. Heat and cold can destroy, fade, or degrade documents very quickly.
- One of the best moves you can make to keep your documents safe is to get a specialty filing cabinet. These often can be found for very reasonable prices. What you want to look for is a case that can be locked, is air-tight and keeps moisture out and is also fireproof and waterproof.
- Clearly label everything and leave walkways through cabinets.
- Cover cabinets with dust covers to avoid any elements seeping into the cabinets.
- Lift boxes and filing cabinets off the floor and place on basic pallets or another floor barrier.
- A great idea is to keep dossier or log about what documents are stored in the unit and where. This will save you from flipping through dozens of single pages looking for the one you want.
- Use stiff dividers to keep documents from molding together or damaging each other.
- Using a storage facility for your documents is an extra level for peace of mind as your unit and the facility you store in will have layers of security and appropriate secure units.
- INSURE your items when storing business documents. Personal storage insurance is an easy and affordable way to protect the value of your precious items. It is the smart thing to do. You can find information about this with the local manager or on Keylockstorage.com