Storage Tip - Types of Boxes
Not all boxes are created equal and some items require certain types of packing material to be kept whole and undamaged. Use our list below to make sure you have all the correct boxes:
- Hat boxes – don’t let your wide brimmed hats get smashed!
- Jewelry box or plastic organizer. Make sure you safely store specialty jewelry in its own strong box before placing in a larger box. Plastic zip organizers are also a good choice to keep necklaces separated and untangled.
- Dish Boxes – Square shaped specialty dish boxes can be used for stacking dishes or other fragile items.
- Small China Boxes – Mini cube shaped boxes with handles can be used to keep smaller plates and other small China items safe.
- Lamp boxes – use the tall and narrow lamp boxes to keep table lamps and floor lamps upright and secure
- Television Boxes
- File Boxes
- Mattress Boxes
- Utility Boxes – Utility boxes are helpful and come in handy for storing brooms, vacuums, mops, and other tall utility items
- Corrugated boxes – these boxes resist breakage and are more durable – especially for heavier items
- Poster tubes
- Mirror and Picture boxes – these boxes come in many sizes to accommodate however large your own mirrors and pictures are.
- Wardrobe box – This box comes large or small and is great to not only keep clothes unwrinkled and preserved but also can be used for a variety of storage such as décor, wreaths, and other home items.