RV Storage Tips
Keeping your RV in tiptop shape when you’re not using it will ensure it’s ready to go when you are ready for your next trip. Selecting the best RV Storage and storing it properly are pivotal in keeping your RV in its best shape. Here is a guide to help you make sure you’re storing your RV the best way:
- Go through and review all manuals and owner’s guides for the function and mechanics of your RV. Keep copies of the manuals in the RV for quick reference. In the manuals, you will find maintenance and other information that will help you keep your RV in working order.
- When you park your RV make sure to go through your vehicle and remove any perishable food or trash left over
- Turn off the refrigerator and any other appliances that zap power to ensure they will be ready to go next time
- Clean all air conditioner filters including the rooftop filter and outside unit
- Thoroughly clean the interior of the RV to adequately prepare it for storage. Remember to look under beds, inside cupboards and even pull-down blinds to make sure no debris or dust is left behind.
- If tires are exposed in outdoor parking check the tire pressure and overall integrity of the tire.
- Service locks with spray lubricant to prevent rust and freezing.
- Take the appropriate steps to check all items that require batteries then be sure to remove the batteries and dispose of properly.
- Review the engine and other machinery and when doing so, make sure to check all fluid levels including the gasoline tank and under the hood
- Make sure your holding tank is empty and rinse clean. During cold months, all water tanks, lines, and pumps should be drained and filled with non-toxic RV anti-freeze.
- Perform an all-over check of the interior of the RV and then follow up to make sure all windows, vents and other openings are closed and properly sealed.