Packing Tips and Storage Guideline
Following the proper packing tips is so important. If you don’t’ pack correctly, your valuables might not make it to your new home in one piece! If you follow a list of packing tips from the pros, you'll increase your likelihood of success. Here is an overview of packing and storage tips and suggestions on how to avoid any packing mistakes:
Packing Tips - Materials Needed:
- Packing tape
- A sturdy pair of scissors (dual indoor/outdoor scissors work great)
- Permanent markers (wide-tip often works best)
- Labels (list specifically what is inside each box and what room it goes in to avoid misplacing anything)
- Shrink Wrap
- Bubble wrap
- Styrofoam peanuts
- Furniture covers
- Wrapping paper and/or newspaper for wrapping fragile items
- Corrugated wrap is a wrapping fiberboard that is corrugated with flutes on one side. It is pliable and is a good wrapping option for irregularly shaped items.
- Garment bag – make sure to have garment bags for any special clothing items such as a wedding dress, expensive coat or tuxedo.
- Hand dolly to move appliances