- You can often find specialty boxes, organizers, and holiday décor holders online or in stores. Plastic ornament boxes can be found that are pre-divided and keep each ornament separate from each other and packed safely.
- Pack each fragile item such as ornaments with soft paper and divide as well as you can.
- Label each décor box by season and type of décor
- Pack garlands in separate boxes to avoid getting garland pieces throughout the rest of the packed décor.
- Twist tie linens around garlands to keep all together and avoid twisted branches or smashed edges.
- Wrap holiday lights around bare cardboard tubes to avoid tangling.
- Place knick-knacks in smaller separate Ziploc bags and label each bag before setting in larger moving boxes.
Antique Storage - Guide and Outline
- Antique Map Storage
- Antique Rug Storage
- Care and Storage of Vintage Cars
- Guide to Collecting Antiques
- Properly Storing Antique and Specialty Musical Instruments
- Storage of Old and Other Sensitive Documents
- Storing Antique and Vintage Textiles
- Storing Antique Books
- Storing Wall and Other Antique Art
- Wedding Dress Storage and Vintage Clothing Storage
Business and Corporate
- Appliances Storage
- Holiday Decorations
- Linen Storage
- Media Storage: Books, Magazines, DVD’s, etc.
- Packing Dishes
Insurance and Legal
Preparation and Troubleshooting in Self-Storage
- Pest Related Things to Consider
- Protect Yourself from Pests
- Purchasing and Finding Cheap or Free Boxes
- Types of Pests
- Choosing a Good Storage Facility
- Climate Control
- Picking the Best Lock
- Self-Storage Security Considerations
- Using Self Storage – The “Why”