Careers at Keylock Storage
Looking for a career in the self storage industry?
Keylock Storage is currently hiring for our Pasco, WA location for Part-Time position as storage specialist! Click Here to be directed to more details and how to apply! Or Contact us today about any questions you may have!
Find A Location
Description: The storage specialist manages and maintains the daily operations of a self-storage facility. The position requires the skills of sales and customer service on a daily basis.
- Greet customers with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Assist customers in finding a storage space that will fit their needs.
- Explain and show customers the many great amenities and benefits within the facility property.
- Rent storage units to customers using company software on the computer.
- Explain the rental lease to customers in a knowledgeable and accurate manner.
- Be able to answer any questions in regards to the rental lease or company policies/procedures.
- Maintain appropriate and professional phone etiquette with customers.
- Answer phone calls while multi-tasking with computer or other duties.
- Be able to process customer payments, move-ins, move outs and transfers using company software on the computer.
- Maintain and send weekly and monthly reports to the home office using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Internet.
- Make collection calls and send letters for delinquent accounts to maintain facility goals for delinquencies.
- Host and carry out storage auctions on a monthly basis.
- Maintain property appearance by using facility checklist.
- Cleaning and sweeping units, picking up trash, keeping office clean and organized, weed facility grounds, maintain pest control as needed, and maintaining overall curb appeal.
- Be able to use and be comfortable cutting pad and cylinder locks with bolt cutters or grinder.
- Handle customer inquiries or problems in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Meet sales goals for insurance, merchandise, and rentals.
- Keep a till balanced and well documented.
- Count cash and handle money.
- Perform weekly facility audits on units, and maintain overlocks, lock checks consistently.
- Perform company policies in opening/closing the office each day.
- Manage time well in busy settings.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Be proficient in the use of a computer.
- Be able to perform basic math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
- Be able to deal with conflict and handle in a professional and calm manner.
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Be able to stand and walk to show units to customers.
- Be able to bend over easily in order to open unit doors, weed facility grounds, sweep, etc.
- Be able to read and understand documents including policy manual, checklists, rental leases and other rental legal forms.
- Be able to type at least 25 WPM.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Some College education.
Rate of Pay:
- Based on experience.