If you need help with keeping up on your home this season, follow our spring home maintenance guide!
Why A Spring Home Maintenance Guide Matters
Seasonal maintenance on your home is essential to preserving the physical integrity of the home as well as your home's value. Catching problems before they start can be a key factor in saving you time, headaches and even thousands of dollars in repairs.
Another aspect of seasonal home maintenance you may have not thought about is physical health of those living in your home. The National Center For Healthy Housing said on their website,
"To maintain a healthy home, occupants should keep it dry, clean, well-ventilated, free from contaminants, pest-free, safe and well-maintained. Good home maintenance can act to reduce allergens, prevent illness, and reduce injury from accidents. This checklist provides basic guidelines; items may need to be checked more often depending on local conditions and manufacturer suggestions.
Spring Home Maintenance Guide
Follow this checklist below to make sure you're doing all the right spring home maintenance.
Interior Of The Home:
- Observe walls, attic and ceiling for cracks or leaks
- Check for signs of ant or termite infestation
- Check vents for sign of nests or other blockage
- Inspect carpet and flooring for signs of damage or wear especially in corners and less visited areas
- Check the validity and functions of incoming wires including tv, cable and general electrical
- Check condition and operation of all windows and doors. Look for gaping and openings.
Exterior of Home:
- Check roof for cracking or leaking
- Check foundation for any cracks
- Look for any signs of water infiltration in the home due to moisture
- Clean, lubricate and test sump pump while checking
- Check all railings and supports for deck, patio and porch areas
- Apply preservative treatment to any patio or deck wood
- Check exterior faucets and/or plumbing rather than leaving them unused
In conclusion, following a spring home maintenance guide and maintaining your home year round is essential. As you can see, it is also easy when you use our quick guide!
In addition, you can visit Keylock Storage Blog for more interesting articles about organization and lifestyle: keylockstorage.com/blogs